Monday 20 June 2016

Ardh Satya - The Half truth

Ardh Satya - The Half truth

Before entering the labyrinth
I will not remember
who I was or what I am

after entering the labyrinth
I will not realise that
between me and the labyrinth
there was just a fatal proximity

after I exit the labyrinth
even though I am free
there will be no real change
in the formation of the labyrinth

Die or kill
get killed or assassinate
this will never get decided

the sleeping man who starts
walking on getting up from sleep
his world of dreams
he can never see again

In the light of the rays of decision
will everything be the same

impotency on one arm
manhood on the other
and just at the needle of the scales
lies the half truth


Translated from the Hindi poem Ardh Satya by Dilip Chitre .

चक्रव्यूह मे घुसने से पहले
कौन था मैं और कैसा था
यह मुझे याद ही ना रहेगा

चक्रव्यूह मे घुसने के बाद
मेरे और चक्रव्यूह के बीच
सिर्फ़ एक जानलेवा निकटता थी
इसका मुझे पता ही न चलेगा

चक्रव्यूह से निकलने के बाद
मैं मुक्त हो जाऊँ भले ही
फ़िर भी चक्रव्यूह की रचना मे
फर्क ही ना पड़ेगा

मरुँ या मारू
मारा जाऊं या जान से मार दूँ
इसका फ़ैसला कभी ना हो पायेगा

सोया हुआ आदमी जब
नींद से उठ कर चलना शुरू करता हैं
तब सपनों का संसार उसे
दुबारा दिख ही नही पायेगा

उस रौशनी में जो निर्णय की रौशनी हैं
सब कुछ समान होगा क्या?

एक पलडे में नपुंसकता
एक पलडे में पौरुष
और ठीक तराजू के कांटे पर
अर्ध सत्य

No comments:

Post a Comment