Friday 24 April 2020

Lockdown musings

#Randomthoughts Can't say or judge whether it's good, bad or ugly. But one fallout of this lockdown for me personally has been  the existence without TV or newspaper. It has been more than five weeks that I have last seen a newspaper or a TV screen. Not even magazines. All my news , views and entertainment during this period has been sourced or shaped by the internet.

And I must admit that I'm none the worse for it. In fact, I'm developing a sneaking feeling that both TV and newspaper as source of information are past their sell by date. They are no more important in our lives. One can live without them and not miss them . I don't know how many will agree to this line of thought but I think the internet has already pushed newspapers and TV into obsolescence . The lockdown induced by Covid-19 has just confirmed it.
#lockdownmusings

No comments:

Post a Comment