Thursday 7 September 2017

Excuse me please

Can we afford anymore
to sit and wait for them to understand,
those who don’t even understand
that they don’t understand.
There is a struggle that’s going on right now 
and you want me to be passive
because it’s dangerous to speak out .
You want me to sit through this rage,
you tell me to bear this pain
as it repeats again and then, again.
You want me to believe that this long list
of all these useless promises made
will come true one day.
You urge me to be patient
and give some more time
before it all folds up before my eyes,
all these values that I was taught to cherish.
Well you can say whatever you want,
but excuse me please;
I have no faith on these crooks.
They only sow the seeds of hatred
and leave us to reap
the hopeless harvest on desolate ruins .

No comments:

Post a Comment