Monday 15 June 2020

Fake message

A fake photo-shopped screenshot image of a tweet by Rahul Gandhi is being circulated on Whatsapp . It relates to his expression of condolence on the death of Sushant Singh , yesterday. In the fake image, the word actor has been replaced by cricketer and underlined in red . This is purportedly to laugh at a supposed goof up by him .
Till now I have received three Whatsapp messages with screenshot of the fake tweet. All the senders are well known to me and other wise respectable persons. Their standing in the society is such that you can provide their names as a referee of character of your son for a job .
Even after me pointing out that the said message is fake and malicious ,none of them even said sorry or apologised for forwarding an obviously fake message . And it's not the first time that they are doing this . Just imagine how deep the rot has gone !!
The problem is that if I start blocking such people from my phone list then perhaps pretty soon I will have very few people left to communicate with.

No comments:

Post a Comment