Sunday 3 May 2015

Anupam

Why I am excited about ''Piku'' has nothing to do with the movie overall. It may or may not turn out to be a good movie. That I will update only after watching the movie.

But I am happy to note that the all India  audience will now experience the  talent of   my favourite singer, songwriter and music composer Anupam Roy. I am hearing one song from the movie being played repeatedly on the FM channels.

From what I have heard he seems to have overcome the diction problem, which limits many talented Bengali artists from making a mark on the national level ( read Bollywood). His style of music is more dependant on words and the efffects and therefore it may be somewhat difficult for him to recreate the magic which he does so easily in Bengali space. But I believe he will create a mark with his unique style and make everybody aware of his music which is both simple and meaningful at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment