Tuesday 22 February 2011

My journey

Whatever I could bring with me and the things I left behind,
The friends who walked along me and those who bade me bye.
Every small pebbles on my way reminds me of the journey,
As my destined abode looms across the horizon.

Try as much I can to forget those faces, crowding my dreams
they spring to life and hold my hands to take me back.
Into the cocoon of those reclaimed memories.

Like a flickering lamp in the centre of a gale, I realise
when the small boat of life goes haywire in the uncertain sea,
some will swim and hold the rudder firm but many will also drown.
And those who are left behind are lost forever in the storm.

But this nomad lives on - such is his fate -
maybe only to relive those memories in his song.

--
Arunangshu Paul
visit me on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment