Friday 17 April 2015

History

I have always believed  in the importance of history. Though not academically endowed, I have tried to take more than ordinary interest in events from their historical perspective. But the cynic in me often try to beat down the romantic self and raises some uncomfortable questions.

Can history, as we know it, be relied upon? Does history represent the viewpoint or rather the bias and prejudice of the writer (s) ?  Do people in general really care about history, or is it just an indulgence of the elite ?  Is it a fact that what passes as history is largely a myth and accepted according to the prevalent mores and convenience of the contemporary society ?

It is said that history repeats itself. I hope that it will repeat for me and I will regain my interest in it. Till then let history speak for itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment