Saturday 4 July 2020

Mumbai Rains

Those who have followed my Facebook posts or know me well otherwise will be surely aware of my love for the rainy season , particularly the #MumbaiRains. But this year the weather has been a little different . The whole of summer that I spent in Kolkata was not so hot and ironically it was quite rainy since mid April there. Since 10th June , after I returned back to Mumbai , kept on expecting the rains that Mumbai is famous for . Over the last four weeks everyday , my previous posts of " On this Day" category for the last eleven years reminded me of the monsoon days of past. And I wondered why the rain gods were playing truant this year. Though there was nothing to complain as it rained regularly. But that continuous downpour for hours was missing.

Since yesterday, the rains have caught up and the weather has turned so pleasant , clean and green, just the way I wished for. This is the real Mumbai rains that one talk about so much . This year local trains are not plying . With the lockdown in force, most people are indoors . So no way to gauge the impact in terms of angry or helpless tweets of commuters . Neither is it hogging the news headlines to make the whole country paint a grim picture of Mumbai. My friends and relatives often ask me about the travails of Mumbai life during the rainy season. And they are all flummoxed by my gushing praise about it.

Just wanted to capture the feelings for posterity with the fond hope that this post will also serve to revive memories , ten years hence.
#Randomthoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment